Troubleshooting DAC Issues
We may encounter below error messages while working with DAC.
An error occurred while obtaining the dedicated administrator connection (DAC) port.
1. Make sure TCP/IP is enabled.
2. The browser service should be in running mode.
3. While connecting using DAC pass port number along with Instance name if it is named instance.
Dedicated administrator connections are not supported. (Microsoft.SqlServer.Management.SqlStudio.Explorer)
Note - In DAC mode you wont be able to access object explorer
1. If you are trying to connect to DAC using like below
SSMS - Connect Datbase Engine - Server Name - Admin:ServerName -- Then it throws error because it was trying to open object explorer whereas DAC doesn't have access to object explorer
2. You need to try like this
SSMS - New Query - Admin:ServerName -- It allows you to login using DAC Connection.